Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Portrait

The day started out exciting when I received a package at work. I ended up working overtime again and it was late when I got home. I quickly opened up the package only to find 2 crooked figs. The "Hawkeye" had a heel that wasn't flat and the fig can't stand with his left foot flush against the display surface. The "Iceman's" right leg is shorter than the left.
I originally planned to pose "Hawkeye" in my "Dark Avenger's" display but realised that this version is not sinister looking enough. I probably have to commission a custom or pray for "Marvel Legends" to release one. I ended up creating an "Avenger's" display instead. I placed the "Ultimate Iceman" with "Colossus" and "Nightcrawler". "Gambit" from the "Marvel Select" line was not to scale with these figs and I left him out of the portrait.
To top off a bad night, I broke the wrist joint of "Thor" and now the fig doesn't have a left fist. Disappointing.
Close-ups taken during the day. I love the "Avengers" display but I'm missing an "Iron Man". This display will be updated soon with a modern "Cap".

No comments :

Post a Comment