Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Goodbye"

Received a piece of upsetting news this past Monday and that inspired this display.
The cultural difference between saying farewell in English and in Mandarin is that the Mandarin equivalent literally means to see you again.
In this case, it is really farewell for me. I really did love you.
Narrative from "Curt L. Brown" after viewing this display.
"I know she's there. I can hear her heartbeat, fluttering...even though she tries to hide it. I smell the shampoo she uses... a special blend, only available from a small shop on the Lower East side, it's her favourite. She's not going to beg me to stay. She knows it won't matter. She just wants me to know how hard this is on her.
I know it's hard. I just don't care.
This time? This time it's me walking away. Her Shadow Puppets stand to the side, letting me pass. Sure, they could step in the way. I'd probably only break a few of their bones. But they stand aside, as happy to see me go as I am angry I can't make her follow me out the door.  

She chose this life. I refuse to choose this death."

No comments :

Post a Comment